OpenCourseware on Udemy & YouTube
The Business Happens Online Course—which Mitchell D. Weiss developed for undergraduate nonbusiness majors at the University of Hartford—delivers the practical knowledge you need for the venture you have up and running, or have in mind to launch. From writing a business plan to choosing the right legal structure, tracking financial performance to borrowing money, you’ll learn what it takes to create and competently manage a business the will stand the test of time. The 30 videos—which are grouped into 4 multi-part segments that can be viewed on your own schedule and at your own pace—compliment the Business Happens book on which the course is based.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Construct and manage a personal budget that takes into account their short and long term financial goals and objectives
- Understand the importance of saving and investing in the achievement of their personal goals and objectives
- Plan for major purchases and higher education costs
- Choose between, manage and protect credit alternatives, especially those involving credit cards, higher education loans, auto loans, etc.
- Understand the types of insurance that may be particularly relevant for them at this point in their lives
- Weigh the financial, economic and other impacts of the different career choices they may be contemplating
- Problem-solve their way through day-to-day and moderately complicated situations involving personal financial issues